Reboot. Recharge.

When all else fails, just shut it down for 5 seconds and turn it back on. Just like new!

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Spin Cycle 02/22/07

I can honestly say that this morning's class was one of the strongest, most rewarding classes I have taught in years. I'm not sure what made it different. I just felt like everyone was "on" and connecting with the music, with their bikes, with me, with themselves etc. You get the idea.
I had one student tell me that I was the best instructor that the club has. I was very thankful and flattered.

The music was a trubute to the 2007 Grammy Award nominees and winners. With the Dixie Chicks having such a strong night, I featured 3 songs from Taking the Long Way. I also stuck newcomer Corrine Bailey Rae on the ride. Please check her out. Her voice is out of this world.

1. You Can Close Your Eyes - Sheryl Crow
2. Put Your Records On - Corrine Bailey Rae
3. Over My Head (Cable Car) - The Fray
4. Lubbock or Leave It - Dixie Chicks
5. Be Without You - Mary J Blige
6. Crazy - Gnarls Barkley
7. Is it Any Wonder? - Keane
8. Silent House - Dixie chicks
9. SexyBack - Justin Timberlake
10. Dani California - Red Hot Chili Peppers
11. Not Ready To Make Nice - Dixie Chicks
12. Black Horse and the Cherry Tree - K.T. Turnstall
13. Waiting on the World to Change - John Mayer
14. Ain't No Other Man - Christina Aquilera
15. You're Beautiful - James Blunt
16. I Will Follow You Into the Dark - Death Cab for Cutie
17. Jesus Take the Wheel - Carrie Underwood

2 Comments:

At 9:36 AM, Blogger March2theSea said...

CBRae is coming to boston if you care:

Thursday, 4/19/07
John Legend with Corinne Bailey Rae Orpheum Theatre Boston, MA
On Sale Sat, 2/24 at 10:00 am EST

 
At 5:46 AM, Blogger Sharon Shiner said...

interesting - don't really like John Legend much...and my good friend Anney is actually in the show Get Mortified, which is playing at the Paradise that night...:) but thanks for the heads up.
Have you heard CBRae - do you like her voice?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home