Reboot. Recharge.

When all else fails, just shut it down for 5 seconds and turn it back on. Just like new!

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Spin Cycle 09/21/06

R+B baby, and some early funk. That's the theme.










We're talking Sly, Commodores and Stevie, Earth Wind + Fire etc.... I forgot how good the Commodores were, and Sly + the Family Stone. They have so much going on in their music with riffs, fills and pauses. It's no wonder so many artists steal their riffs and loop them in to their songs....


Here it is:
1. Who's that Lady? - The Isley Brothers
2. Sweet Inspiration - The Sweet Inspirations
3. Love and Happiness - Al Green
4. Out of Sight - James Brown
5. Superstition - Stevie Wonder
6. Thank you (Falettinme be Mice Elf Again) - Sly & the Family Stone
7. Lady (You Bring Me Up) - Commodores
8. Baby Workout - Jackie Wilson
9. September - Earth, Wind & Fire
10. Stand - Sly & the Family Stone
11. Sing a Song - Earth, Wind & Fire
12. Too Hot Ta Trot - Commodores
13. You can Make it if you Try - Sly & the Family Stone
14. Brick House - Commodores
15. I Pity the Fool - Bobby "Blue" Bland
16. Are You Lonely for me Baby - Freddie Scott

I had more than 1 student ask me to burn it for them, so obviously, this one went over well. I am not surprised. If this music doesen't move you, I don't know what would.

1 Comments:

At 7:00 AM, Blogger March2theSea said...

awesome. I love the good 70's funk..wow..so good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home