Reboot. Recharge.

When all else fails, just shut it down for 5 seconds and turn it back on. Just like new!

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Spin Cycle 03/08/07 (Happy Birthday Anney!!!)

Brrrrr. It is FRIGID out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's why I was so shocked to have 25 students this morning. Great turn out, great energy, great class, all set to MOBY.

I like Moby. I think he makes some great sounding music. Very easy to spin to him.
He has a million and one releases - just check out his discography here.

I used songs mainly from Play, 18 and Go. The students really enjoyed the music, especially the songs from Play.
Play was interesting as Moby mixed in the soulful recordings collected by Alan Lomax, a musicologist from the 50s. He collected field recordings of many different artists, particulary from the South. Moby used these recordings and worked around them to create down tempo songs. Good stuff.

Here is the setlist:
1. God Moving Over the Face of the Waters
2. Natural Blues
3. Go2006 Mix
4. Porcelain
5. We Are All Made of Stars
6. New York, New York
7. In this World
8. South Side
9. In My Heart
10. Lift Me Up
11. Extreme Ways
12. Whay Does My Heart Feel So Bad
13. Honey
14. Beautiful
15. Dream About Me

3 Comments:

At 8:10 AM, Blogger March2theSea said...

I wish you taught spin classes near me!

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Sharon Shiner said...

Thanks March!!!
I send you some of the music if you want - just let me know!
:)

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger anne altman said...

thanks, dink, but eeeeew-- a picture of moby on my birthday? moby's a douche.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home