Reboot. Recharge.

When all else fails, just shut it down for 5 seconds and turn it back on. Just like new!

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Spin cycle 04/12/07

All the leaves are brown, and the sky is gray.....
Ahh, peace, love and happiness....music of the 60s!
One of my students requested music from the 60s, so I obliged. There may be some early 70s songs on this list as well, I'm not totally sure.
I structured the ride to have every other song be some type of a climb, with a faster paced effort in between. I like that format – no questions about what’s coming next.
There are a few older pwople in my class, and they totally appreciated the music today.
One woman emailed me and let me know she loved the music and the ride, but was worried if that dated her!
I don't think so - this music can be enjoyed by all ages.
Some of it is extremely timely in fact, with the war in Iraq raging along.
Check it out, and have a great day.

1. The “In” Crowd – Ramsey Lewis Trio
2. Hound Dog – Elvis Presley
3. Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There is a Season) – The Byrds
4. Land of 1000 Dances – Wilson Picket
5. Respect – Aretha Franklin
6. Fortunate Son – Credence Clearwater Revival
7. I Can’t Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch) – The Four Tops
8. Aquarius/Let the Sun Shine In – The 5th Dimension
9. California Dreamin’ – The Mamas & The Papas
10. Since You Been Gone – Aretha Franklin
11. For What It’s Worth – Buffalo Springfield
12. I’ve Got to Use My Imagination – Gladys Knight & The Pips
13. Look-Ka-Py-Py - The Funky Meters
14. Joy to the World – Three Dog Night
15. Let’s Get It On – Marvin Gaye
16. The Rubberband Man – The Spinners
17. Ain’t No Way – Aretha Franklin
18. Wish Someone Would Care – Irma Thomas
19. Over Easy – Booker T & The MGs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home