Reboot. Recharge.

When all else fails, just shut it down for 5 seconds and turn it back on. Just like new!

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Food Find! PB2

I learned about this product, PB2, a powdered peanut butter, that you reconstitute yourself not too long ago.
The Bell Plantation, in Georgia, has come up with a way to roast the peanuts, press them and strip them of 75% of the fat. What is left is a reduced fat peanut powder, that can be reconsituted with water. If I remember correctly, the total fat content in 2 TBS is about 2.8 grams, as opposed to what is it, 16 or 17 grams in full fat peanut butter.

I ordered some from BEll's website; the minimum order was 4 jars. So, I thought, yikes, 4 jars, what if this stuff is gross?!?!?

When it was delivered, I opened it up square away, and made myself 2 TBS of the stuff.

It was amazing.

It tastes just like peanut butter, a bit sweet, a bit salty.

You control the consistency, so it can be as thick or as thin as you want it to be.

I put it on celery, and topped it with raisins (you know, Ants on a Log, from when you were a kid??). Delicious.

I put it on my homemade english muffins. Delicious.

I stirred it into steel cut oats with banana. Delicious.

I eat it plain. Delicious.

My next order of business is to use the powder in cookies to come up with a low-fat
Nutter Butter. Let me remind you how good Nutter Butters are:

Yumbola.
Who doesn't love Nutter Butters???
I'll let you know when I perfect the recipe....

2 Comments:

At 1:01 PM, Blogger anne altman said...

ants on a log.


MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger whipcreamy said...

i luv me some nutta butta

 

Post a Comment

<< Home