Reboot. Recharge.

When all else fails, just shut it down for 5 seconds and turn it back on. Just like new!

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Serious nostalgia from Sirius

We just got Sirius radio - both my husband and I. We each got a radio for our car. It is so great. As a music lover, I'm only sorry that I didn't get it sooner.
Being able to hear a certain genre of music, at any time offers me such appeal. It is taking a bit of time to get through all of the channels. This morning I listened to Big '80s, the channel that plays all 80s music. With each song they played, a memory popped up, a feeling popped up, and I was transported back to jr high and high school. That's what I love about music. You can listen to a song and have a certain feeling come over you that you haven't felt for a looong, looong time. I'm really digging listening to The Spectrum, though, I don't quite get the description that Sirius has for it: Five decades of world-class rock from adult album alternative artists. It should read more like, Five decades of world-class rock from mainstream artists. Not sure what "adult album" means, and there's nothing alternative about what gets played on the channel. Regardless, they play some great stuff ranging from Coldplay to Stevie Wonder and everyone in between. Another channel which will be on my pre-set is The Strobe - disco and the likes! So great. Whoever said disco sucks should have his/her head examined. While loving improvisational rock the best, I've been disappointed with the Jam-on channel. They play far too much Dave Matthews band (are they even a "jam" band??) and not enough moe.. They play a ton of String Cheese, and WAY too much of the Disco Biscuits. Oh well....and, I'm not embarrassed to admit that yes, I do listen to the Martha Stewart Living channel. I've yet to hear Martha on it, except to do a spot for the channel. For what it's worth, they offer up some good cooking tips as well as gardening, shopping and craft tips (though, I'm not really into crafts).

My sister in law made an amazing dinner for us on christmas eve. Here's the recipe:
Chicken Mirabella (Scale accordingly)
Boneless Chicken Breast (3-4 pounds)
1 head of garlic - crush individual cloves
¼ cup dried oregano
salt & pepper
½ cup red wine vinegar
½ cup olive oil
1 cup pitted prunes (or more)
½ cup pitted Spanish green olives (or more)
½ cup dried apricots
½ cup capers with some of the juice
6 bay leaves

1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white wine (or dry vermouth)
¼ cup Italian parsley (optional)

In a large bowl combine the ingredients from the chicken down to bay leaves (everything except wine, sugar, and parsley). You can use whole breasts, or smaller pieces - I recommend smaller pieces.
Marinate overnight (or at least 3 hours).
Place chicken in a single layer (if using whole breasts), in a shallow pan, and pour all marinade over chicken, sprinkle with brown sugar and pour white wine around the edges (not sure why, it's what the recipe calls for).
Bake 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
Garnish with parsley.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home