Reboot. Recharge.

When all else fails, just shut it down for 5 seconds and turn it back on. Just like new!

Monday, December 05, 2005

To eat, or not to eat, that is the question

So, I've just read up on something quite interesting. It's called Intuitive Eating, and there is actually an organization set up to support it, here. It seems to me that it may be silly to have an organization set up in support of such an idea, an anti-dieting approach to eating based on hunger, but in reality, that's the way one should eat. For me, it's a never ending battle. I love to eat, and (thank god), I love to exercise, but I still struggle with the "image" demons on a daily basis. With Intuitive Eating, you are supposed to eat only when hungry, you are supposed to eat what you crave, and you are supposed to stop eating when you are full. It seems like it's a no-brainer, and I would like to think that I eat that way, but in reality, I don't. Too often, I eat just for the hell of it, because other people are eating or because I'm bored or whatever. I also fall victim to the "my eyes are hungry" syndrom, and eat bigger portions than I should. I'm not really concerned about my food choices, as I eat pretty healthy, and do not deprive myself of much, where food is concerned. However, I'd like to try to incorporate some of the practices of Intuitive Eating and see if it makes a difference with me.

1 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Blogger Sharon Shiner said...

hell, I always feel like drinking :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home