Reboot. Recharge.

When all else fails, just shut it down for 5 seconds and turn it back on. Just like new!

Friday, January 20, 2006

The Ticket Yentas

So, moe. played last night in town at the Orpheum Theatre; it was my 142nd moe. show. The show was good, nothing earth breaking, but good. I liked the song selection, and I thought that the second set had good energy. They had one segue that was particulary well played, from SOMP -> Akimbo....gooooood stuff.
The "security" was annoying to say the least. In the section that I was sitting in, security consited of 2 middle aged women, probably about 45, both with blonde hair (one platinum, one dirty). I dubbed them the Ticket Yentas. They were over the top about checking ticket stubs and policing the aisles.
I understand that it is important to keep the aisles clear, etc., but this was just way over the top. Our seats were the last 2 on the end of a row, and my husband, Rob, had the end seat. He stood in front of the seat and yeah, maybe hung out a bit on the end. Every time the platinum blonde walked down the aisle, she bumped Rob with the intent to move him back into our row - Every time. At one point our friend Scott came over to give me a piece of gum and was handing it to me when the Ticket Yenta came over and said to him, You can't stand there. He was simply giving me a piece of gum and had no intentions of actually standing with us.
By the end of the show, I was on standing on the end of the row, doing these crazy dance moves, with the intent of bumping the Ticket Yenta. I never actually bumped her, however, I think she got the hint. As I knew the show was wrapping up, I moved clear into the aisle, and started jumping up and down, with my hands over my head. The Ticket Yenta walked right past me and didn't do a thing about it.
The Orpheum is such a dump, and has such great potential. For as long as I can remember, there has been a 1$ restoration fee tacked on to each ticket you purchase for shows that are at the Orpheum. I have no clue what the money is going to, as it looked the same as ever last night. Thank god we were surrounded by excellent friends who could help us experience the Ticket Yentas and have a good laugh with us.

1 Comments:

At 8:27 AM, Blogger March2theSea said...

142!! wow..that is amazing. The band i have seen the most is only at 14 or 15.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home