Reboot. Recharge.

When all else fails, just shut it down for 5 seconds and turn it back on. Just like new!

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Yankee Doodle Dandy

I made homemade pasta last weekend, and used my Kitchen Aid pasta plates for the first time. I used the Macaroni extruder plate. In the picture, it is the middle plate, with the 6 small circles.
Worked out pretty well. I used a basic pasta recipe: 3 cups pasta flour, 4 eggs, 2-3 TBS of water and some salt. It was nice and supple. I let it rest for 15-30 minutes and then attempted the extruder. The dough was very soft, and I was worried that it would not extrude well, but it did. The manufacturers instructions called for putting the mixer on 10 and letting it rip, making 15 cm stands of macaroni that you cut into smaller pieces later. 10 was way to high of a setting. I ran the mixer on a moderate speed, like 6 and let approximately 2 inches extrude before stopping the mixer and using a paring knife to cut the macaroni from the plate.
After letting the macaroni dry for a couple hours, I cooked it off. I made a mornay sauce (basic cheese sauce) using a mix of monteray jack, mozzerella and cheddar, that I put on the macaroni for the kids. For the adults, I sauteed some asparagus, peas and smoked salmon, and added some of the mornay sauce (thinned out), and put that over the macaroni. Yum. It was great the next day as well. I think I'm going to try the lasagna press next go round.

4 Comments:

At 9:49 AM, Blogger anne altman said...

you take me the worst way

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger anne altman said...

you take me the worst way

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger anne altman said...

now you get no tip

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger anne altman said...

that looks like dildo stuff

 

Post a Comment

<< Home