Reboot. Recharge.

When all else fails, just shut it down for 5 seconds and turn it back on. Just like new!

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Spin Cycle 05/03/07

Funk, Soul, Get on the Good Foot Y’all!

James Brown, Tina Turner, Otis Redding. Class was great this morning, despite the fact that one speaker was still out. However, I figured out the problem. It is the wire that connects the ipod to the console that is faulty. The left speaker was not working when I plugged in this morning. I noticed that the Left and Right wires were switched in the console; I unplugged them and when I did, the right speaker went out, and the left started working. A-Ha! Hopefully there will be a new wire next week….

Class was FAST paced and aerobically challenging for sure. I did a lot of work in 2nd position (running, jumping etc) and we climbed 2 major hills. I wrapped up class with a live version of Proud Mary, that started off REAL SLOOOOWWWWW, and then segued into a real fast pace for the ending. It was awesome. Here’s the playlist:

1. Living for the City – Ike and Tina Turner
2. Celebration – Kool and the Gang f. LuLu and the London Community Choir
3. It’s Too Funky in Here – James Brown
4. Get Up Offa That Thing (Release the Pressure) – James Brown
5. Get Up (I Feel Like Being a) Sex Machine – James Brown
6. Jam – James Brown
7. Sugar, Sugar – Ike and Tina Turner
8. I Want to Take You Higher – Ike and Tina Turner
9. A Thing Called Love – Ohio Players
10. Shake – Otis Redding
11. Hollywood Swingin’ – Kool and the Gang f. Jamiroquai
12. Getcho Soul Togetha, Pt 2 - Breakestra
13. Proud Mary – Ike and Tina Turner
14. Lets Stay Together – Al Green
15. Something’s Got A Hold on Me – Etta James

During class I mentioned that I take for music for granted. When I hear music such as I played this morning, I take it for granted. Can you imagine being around when music such as this was ground breaking??? Something to think about....

1 Comments:

At 2:00 PM, Blogger March2theSea said...

I think of that now and then about "being there for the moment". What I am getting at is that in the late 80's it was "metal" like Jovi, Leppard and GNR for example. I am sure as my kids see them from these glory days they might view it as "ground breaking" and "a great time for music" but my tastes were a little less mainstream. Same with the early 90s and grunge. Sure I think Nirvana did a lot and at the time they were a buzz band but there are so many other bands that mentioned in "passing" that were around at the same time like Screaming Trees and Tad. Dunno..great list though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home