Reboot. Recharge.

When all else fails, just shut it down for 5 seconds and turn it back on. Just like new!

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Spin Cycle

I have made a couple of great playlists over the past few of weeks.
Viola!

Nothing special about this one, just some neat tunes that go good together. The first song is actually from and album of String Cheese Incident songs that were remixed by some DJ who calls himself DJ Harry. Airstream Driver, song 4, is from the new Gomez album, A New Tide. Upon first listen I was disappointed with it, as it is quite mellow. But I just listened to it a bunch of times over the past couple of days and I am beginning to appreciate it more and more each listen.
1. Collision - DJ Harry
2. Heartless - Kanye West
3. Magnificent - U2
4. Airstream Driver - Gomez
5. Welcome to the World - Kevin Rudolf
6. In Love With a Girl - Gavin DeGraw
7. Ain't No Other Man - Christina Aquilera
8. Lady (You Bring Me Up) - The Commodores
9. Forever - Chris Brown
10. No More Words - Berlin
11. Just Dance - Lady GaGa
12. Go - Groove Armada
13. Take a Bow - Rihiana
14. Quiet Times - Dido

I call this one "Old School" - it went over very well - lot's of singing along, and hootimg and hollering; how can you not when you hear Baby I'm a Star???

1. Buns O'Plenty - Issac Hayes
2. Rock Your Baby - George McCrae
3. Computer Blue - Prince and the Revolution
4. Flashdance...What a Feeling - Irene Cara
5. Shake - Prince and The Time
6. Love Machine - The Miracles
7. Never Can Say Goodbye - Gloria Gaynor
8. Papa's Got a Brand New Bag - James Brown
9. I'm Every Woman - Chaka Khan
10. Now That We've Found Love - Third World
11. Babe We're Gonna Love Tonight - Denis & Denyse
12. Baby I'm a Star - Prince and the Revolution
13. Let's Stay Together - Al Green
14. Do Right Woman-Do Right Man - Aretha Franklin

3 weeks ago, I used Trey Anastasio's solo album, Trey Anastasio, and mixed the tunes around to spin to. I loved it, and I think the class did too, or well, at least they tolerated it - good melodies, nice horn section etc.

2 week's ago, the playlist I used, I actually made with my benefit class in mind. Here's the playlist that we spun to - I am going to make a couple of changes for the benefit class.....I'll post that after the event is over:
1. Blue Jeans Pizza - moe.
2. Learn To Fly - Foo Fighters
3. Live Your Life - T.I.
4. Toxic - Britney Spears
5. Sex on Fire - Kings of Leon
6. Burnin' Ip - Jonas Brothers
7. Down With Disease – Phish
8. Love Stoned/I Think She Knows Interlude
9. Bring It Up – James Brown
10. Shakedown Street – Grateful Dead
11. Where Are We Runnin? - Lenny Kravitz
12. Black Capricorn Day – Jamiroquai
13. 4 Minutes – Madonna
14. Sweet About Me – Gabriella Cilmi
15. Not Ready To Make Nice – Dixie Chicks

Last week, I used an old, random playlist - lots of Madonna and Lionel Richie in it - first played in Sept, 2007. Here's a link.....
My playlist for this week is FUN. I'll post it later though, no time right now....
:) have a good one - don't forget to sign up for my benefit Spin ride to benefit the Asperger's Association of New England...Sat June 6th 12-1pm @ Healthworks Fitness Center, Chestnut Hill, Ma...call 617-383-6100 to sign up. Contact me to find out how to donate if you cannot ride....
thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home