Reboot. Recharge.

When all else fails, just shut it down for 5 seconds and turn it back on. Just like new!

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

British Invasion

I've taken to listening to BBC Radio on the Sirius. The DJs are pretty witty, and while they don't play the best music, I still like to listen. Sirius delays the channel 5 hours so that the listener gets to hear it at the correct time (Eastern Standard).
This morning each person on the Chris Moyle Show had to come up with their Top 20 British artist list, and at some point in February, they are going to play them all.

So, I did a little refelcting and came up with a list of my own - it's really in no particular order. I tired to span the decades. This is what I came up with:

Queen
The Beatles
Paul McCartney and Wings
The Who
The Rolling Stones
Pink Floyd
Coldplay
Gomez
New Order
Seal
Duran Duran
The Police
Dire Straits
Led Zepplin
The Clash
Depeche Mode
Eric Clapton/Cream/Derek and the Dominoes
Peter Gabriel/Genesis
Radiohead
Elton John (his early years)

It was tough - there are so many great British artists....the more I think about it, the more pop up that could be up there....for instance, Jamiroquai, The Cure, The Cult...so many.

Speaking of Brits, Did you know the Benny Hill was in the movie Chitty Chitty Bang Bang? It's true, he played a Toy Maker......Who knew??????????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home