Reboot. Recharge.

When all else fails, just shut it down for 5 seconds and turn it back on. Just like new!

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Spin Cycle 08/17/06

Hello....class again this morning. I hadn't rode in 2 weeks. I taught 2 weeks ago, then went to Reno, where I worked out on the eliptical trainer. Back from Reno, it was right off to Weirs Beach. Then this week, recovery from last week.....felt good this morning.
Here's the muzak:

One - Al Schnier
Even Better than the Real Thing - U2
This is Us - Mark Knopfler and Emmylou Harris
You Know You Wrong - Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
Cars Trucks Buses - Phish
Soak Up the Sun - Sheryl Crow
Mirage- Al Schnier
Red Hill Rd - Al and the Transamericans
Back on the Train - Phish
Rather Go Fishin' - Strangefolk
They - Jem
Move Along - The All-American Rejects
Tripping Billies - Dave Matthews

I had an interesting thing happen this morning in class. I do not wear a mic when I teach - I have a pretty loud voice and can project it quite well. In fact, I haven't worn the mic in probably 8 years. I don't like to, it's distracting.
So, 2 weeks ago, I had a student who said she could not hear me. I turned the music down a bit, but it really needs to be loud to get the students going. She happened to be sitting on a bike which was right in line with a speaker, which is elevated, hanging from the ceiling. This morning, the same student complained that she could not hear me, and she was sitting in the same spot, right in line with the speaker. I again turned down the music, but I suggested to her, away from the other students, that she pick another bike, away from the direct line of the speakers, so that she could hear bettter.
Not sure if that went over well or not. I was nice about it and everything, but I'm wondering if I should have said anything.
I feel bad, but, I'm not about to put the mic on. I just can't. We'll see if she comes back next week.....

2 Comments:

At 12:26 PM, Blogger March2theSea said...

how is the whole Emmylou/Mark cd? I have been tempted for AGES now it seems.

 
At 6:42 AM, Blogger Sharon Shiner said...

I love the Knophler/Harris pair-up. The release is suprisingly upbeat. Knophler is so frigging good on gee-tar, and emmy-lou's voice is so awesome. It's definetly Worth checking out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home