Reboot. Recharge.

When all else fails, just shut it down for 5 seconds and turn it back on. Just like new!

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I recently took a chance and applied for what I consider would be my dream job. I didn’t tell anyone I was applying for it. It would have been a substantial reduction in payment, but I’m telling you, the job was something I would have done FOR FREE.
I was both over qualified and under qualified for this position, but I still felt it was necessary to apply for it. Upon hitting the send button of my email, I became filled with hope. You know that feeling you get, where for just a minute, there seems to be a glimmer of hope, a light at the end of the tunnel so to speak, and you think everything is going to change and be all better. I carried that hope with me and went back to it for a few days, and was confident that I would get this job. Unfortunately, I did not even get an interview, as I was told that there was a potential pool of candidates that had the correct set of qualifications. Deep down inside, I kind of figured that I would not get considered, however, that hope felt good, even if just for a few days.

3 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, Blogger anne altman said...

i think i the last time i had hope was kindergarten.

 
At 5:44 AM, Blogger Kris said...

sorry Sha, no worries..you are well on your way to being the New England granola queen!!

 
At 7:02 AM, Blogger March2theSea said...

i feel the same every time I ponder sending out a tape to a radio station...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home