Reboot. Recharge.

When all else fails, just shut it down for 5 seconds and turn it back on. Just like new!

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Asian Pork Soup

I made a great soup for dinner last night. I used a Soy-Ginger broth from Trader Joe's as the base; fat-free and low-cal - 40 cals/cup. It is a new product to TJ's in Massachusetts. Nice light flavor.

I sauted ground pork with scallions, lemongrass paste, garlic paste, and a bit of chili paste. To that I added sliced red peppers, small florets of cauliflower, and the broth. I let it simmer for about 15-20 minutes. I then added some soy sauce and some rice wine vinegar, lime juice and cilantro to give it some brightness.

I served it with cellophane noodles. It was really good.
I'm glad lunch is soon, because a) I have this soup for lunch and b) I'M STARVING!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home