Reboot. Recharge.

When all else fails, just shut it down for 5 seconds and turn it back on. Just like new!

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

A cuppa please


You know, I am not afraid to admit that I dig Starbucks. I have been a long time drinker of their coffee. As a result, people often refer to me as a coffee snob. Well, I'll take the snobdem.
I even have a Starbucks card, that I use when I go in there to get my coffee. I have a certain amount loaded onto it, automatically, when the balance gets to a certain point. The card doubles as a Visa, as well, and each time I use it, it rewards me in Starbucks dollars. It's like I don't have to pay for coffee any more, it's great.
Lately though, Starbucks employees have been pissing me off. Lets start with the fact that one in particular, at my regular morning Starbucks in Chestnut Hill. I went off the board and ordered a Cinnamon Dolce latte. I get it with 2 pumps of syrup, instead of the normal 4, because, 4 pumps is TOO SWEET. I also get it with no whip cream, but foam instead. And, lastly I get it Non-Fat. SO, when I placed my order, the girly-girl wrote it down on a little sticky that she stuck to my cup. The bo-bo making the drink clearly did not look at the tag because it became evident to me that he put in 4 pumps of syrup. While I watched him make the drink, he didn't put any foam on it, at all. I actually stopped him, and said I wanted foam on there. He then puts some foam on, but it's too much to get the cap onto the cup, and he has to pour out some of the latte. What a waste.
My second negative experience recently came in Swampscott, as I was visiting my parents. I brought in my cup, a Starbucks tumbler that my husband designed w/photos of my kids. It is a Grande size cup, which means it is 16 oz. The cup is deceiving because it is taller than a normal grande cup and appears to be a Venti cup, which is 20 oz. It clearly says 16 oz on the bottom of the cup. Anyways, when you use your own cup, you are supposed to get 10 cents off. Ms Girly-girl not only charged me for a venti, instead of a grande, but she didn't take the 10 cents off. I was getting coffee for my parents as well, so I didn't notice that overcharge until I left the shop and looked at the receipt. I was pissed, but I didn't go back. I did tell the staff at my regular Starbucks and the girl graciously gave me a coupon for a free drink, so there is some redemption.
My third negative experience came in Brookline, on a Thursday morning. On Thursdays, I teach Spinning at a local gym, and then drive to work. I have been going to a different office on Thursdays, and so my commute brings me past a Starbucks. Well, I pulled up to find the lights off, and the Starbucks dark, with 2 girls standing outside. Apparently, no one showed up for the morning shift - it was almost 7:30 in the morning!!!! on a Thursday!!! Starbucks opens at 5:30 for crying out loud!!! That is 2 hours of lost business!!!! How lame is that?
Oh well, I'm not giving up on Starbucks. The good service does out-weigh the bad. It's just lame that 3 times in the past month, some of the employees have sucked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home