Reboot. Recharge.

When all else fails, just shut it down for 5 seconds and turn it back on. Just like new!

Friday, January 27, 2006

Time Travel

I was talking to my friend Kris about time machine travel, and who we'd go check out live if we could travel back in time....I've been thinking about it a bit. Derek and the Dominoes would definitely be on my list. I've posted about them before - their release Live, In Concert, is on my 10 favorite CDs list. Some of the best rock and improvisational jamming out there.
I would like to go back to see The Clash in their hey day as well. I was lucky enough to catch Joe Strummer and his band the Mescaleros before he died in 2002 - that show was crazy, and should be discussed in another post. I probably would travel back to see the early days of the Dead as well, the Haight-Ashbury days, to experience it all first hand.
I really wish I had gotten to see Stevie Ray Vaughn before he died an untimely death, so I might set the dial on the Time Machine for "Shred" and see if it took me to him.
I'll tell you what I'd really like to do, and that's travel back to the 70s and go to Studio 54. Unfortunately, I was born a bit too late to be old enough to go to Studio 54. Talk about crazy. It would have been right up my alley to go there. Here's a quote about the Studio 54 era that I found on this website: "Even though Steve Rubell and Ian Schrager's empire only lasted for 33 months, it was an orgy in money, music, glamour and drugs. There was an endless number of parties and all the right people were there".
Time travel is a great concept, but in all honesty, I think going to shows in this day and age is great. We have such a plethora of artists to see, especially in the "improvisational" music category. It really is a healthy time to see music, so in that regard, I wouldn't turn back time at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home