Reboot. Recharge.

When all else fails, just shut it down for 5 seconds and turn it back on. Just like new!

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Spin Cycle 09/24-26/-08

Back update: So, I am about 60-70% better. I no longer have pain all day long, which is good. The bad part is that I do still have pain, and it really can't be remedied by PT, and to get rid of the pain, I'll need to have cortisone shots. From the Degenerative Disc Disease in my L3-L4 and L4-L5 discs, I have Facet Arthoprothy, which is basically arthritis of the disc joints.
For pain control/reduction, other than doing strengthening of the core and spine, and working the 2 motions which cause the pain (twisting and extending), which I do on a regular basis through exercise and PT, cortisone shots are the next answer.
Read about it here: Frigging back pain
Well, having said all that, I am able to Spin with relatively Low pain, so that is good. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to practice Yoga to it's full effect, and so that is bad. However, since I know what the deal is now, I do believe that I can start yoga up again, modifying the moves that will cause me pain.

My classes this week were killer. I did intervals with the class, which are always good and hard (but only if you don't cheat). The majority of the classes were full on into it, and were disciplined enough to make the intervals effective. There's always the few stragglers that come to class (WHY? I don't know), and don't follow along. Funny, they are the students that never seem to show any change or progress....hmmm...how strange.
Here was the inspiring playlist (which again, I really dig):
1. Charity Case - Gnarls Barkley
2. American Boy - Estelle ft Kanye West
3. In Love With A Girl - Gavin DeGraw
4. Run (I'm a Natural Disaster) - Gnarls Barkley
5. Crosseyed and Painless - Talking Heads (Awesome song....)
6. Feel Good, Inc - Gorillaz
7. Go-Go Gadget Gospel - Gnarls Barkley
8. Shake It - Metro Station
9. Rehab - Amy Winehouse
10. Amazing - Seal
11. Into the Night - Santana ft Chad Kroeger
12. I'm Every Woman - Whitney Houston
13. Girlfriend - Avril Lavigne
14. Tell Me 'Bout It - Joss Stone
15. Say - John Mayer

Oy! Happy New Year to those that practice.....
Till next week...


  • Well, having said all that, my classes this week were killer. I am


2 Comments:

At 6:21 AM, Blogger March2theSea said...

does spinning mess up/hurt your back more??

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Sharon Shiner said...

spinning has been ok with the back. sure, there are days when spin aggravates it, but if that is happening, I just take it easy. It is the extension and twisting moves that I can't really do (unfortunately that's alot of yoga, and so I haven't been able to practice it to my liking as of late)...I haven't forgotten about the TMBG disc - I have just been swamped.....:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home