Reboot. Recharge.

When all else fails, just shut it down for 5 seconds and turn it back on. Just like new!

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The Ultimate Irony

I've admitted it before, and I'll admit it again.
I listen to Martha Stewart Radio. I'm a foodie you know, and they have good cooking talk on there. So I listen, not because I like Martha so much....it's more for the content, you know?
There, Done.
Well, throughout the regularly scheduled programs are quips from Martha herself.
This morning, her tip was on Money and your children....
Martha's advice went something like this: There is no better way to teach your kids about money then to teach them about stock, and to help them buy their own stock.
Thats when I choked on my coffee.

Martha continued: It is best to buy stock in a company that is established and to hold on to the stock for a long time.
Let your child pick the company that he wants to buy stock in and then buy him a share or some shares. Watch the stock price with your child on a daily basis and discuss the growth of the money. Yada, Yada, Yada....
The KICKER: Prepare your child for a potential loss on the stock.
Practice what you preach BEEEEATCH!

In all honesty, who advised her to do this???? Is it in poor taste? I think so. It is just too ironic.
The diva that gets busted for insider trading is giving advice on buying and selling stocks for your kids? Come on.
It is incredible. Martha Stewart came through the stock ordeal completely UNTARNISHED, jail time and all. Now, she gets the last laugh again with this radio spot. Incredible.
She's probably sitting there with her middle finger straight up.

I think she should just stay away from the stock market, at least in public and stick to baking pies.

1 Comments:

At 7:39 AM, Blogger anne altman said...

we're all going to die.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home