Reboot. Recharge.

When all else fails, just shut it down for 5 seconds and turn it back on. Just like new!

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Yes, I am a statistic

So, after feeling shitty for a few months I finally do something about it, and get myself checked out. Low and behold, my tube-tied self had an eptoppic pregnancy, or tubal pregnancy for those not in the know.
I was whisked away for emergency surgery last Wednesday night at about 11pm, and have been out of commission since.
I was in total shock. I had no symptoms that I was pregnant and did not feel pregnant. I actually thought I was having appendicitis. You can imagine my surprise when the Ultrasound technician said, well, I suspect this is an eptopic pregnancy. I think I shit in my pants. Oh wait, I wasn't wearing any at the time....
To confirm, they did a STAT blood test to determine HCG levels. 2 hours later, the test still was not back, and so they had me get a home pregnancy test to confirm. It was almost instantaneous - no waiting 2 minutes here.
And just like that, I'm off to OB/GYN triage, getting a shot of morphine, and getting wheeled off to la la land to have surgery. Funny how things work.
Well, I'm recovering just fine, and wondering when this is going to happen to me again, on the left side......I think I hear a Vasectomy in somebody's future.....snip, snip.....:)

3 Comments:

At 10:46 AM, Blogger March2theSea said...

Wow that is crazy! Hope you are on the mend!

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger anne altman said...

dude! you're married! what are you having sex with your husband for?

morphine?

yum

 
At 6:52 AM, Blogger Sharon Shiner said...

yeah, the morphine end of things wasn't too bad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home