Reboot. Recharge.

When all else fails, just shut it down for 5 seconds and turn it back on. Just like new!

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Spin Cycle 11/09/06

Blue Man Group!!!!!!!!!! !That's right. Blue Man Group. I used the music of the Blue Man Group for class this morning, and it was KILLER. My students were champs this morning, as the class was pretty hard. The music went over well.

Mainly instrumental, with driving beats and faster pace, it was easy to latch on to the music and get pumped up. There were only a couple songs with vocals. One of their albums, The Complex, the Blue Men collaborated with different artists including Dave Matthews, Tracy Bonham and Gavin Rossdale, as well as some other folk. They covered Donna Summer's "I Feel Love" with Tracy Bonham and that is worth getting the album for alone. They do a god awful cover of Jefferson Airplane's "White Rabbit" (you'll see it wasn't part of the ride).

Another album I picked music from is called Audio. I actually picked this up when I went to see the Blue Man Group a bunch of years ago, and I used it for spinning back when I made my playlists on cassette tapes (remember those days)??? A couple of the songs I used came off an EP called Last Train to Transcentral. I think it has 4 songs on it (maybe more)....
Anyways, here's the playlist, all songs by Blue Man Group - I'll indicate the album the song comes from......enjoy!

1) Endless Column - Audio
2) TV song - Audio
3) Opening Mandlebrot - Audio
4) Synaesthetic - Audi0
5) Last Train to Transcentral - Last Train to Transcentral
6) Rods and Cones - Audio
7) Mandelgroove - Audio
8) Drumbone - Audio
9) I Feel Love - The Complex
10) Wands - Last Train to Transcentral
11) Time to Start - The Complex
12) Your Attention - The Complex
13) Piano Smasher - The Complex
14) What is Rock - The Complex

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home