Reboot. Recharge.

When all else fails, just shut it down for 5 seconds and turn it back on. Just like new!

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

A moral dilemma

I was talking to a colleague this morning, and was stunned when he described to me what he called "his situation", or the real reason he is retiring.
He told me that his wife had been sick with MS and it had gotten to the point that he couldn't take care of her anymore. He said that in August, he had a 40th High School reunion, and had run into a lady friend that he used to know. In the same breath he said he then decided to put his wife into a nursing home. He sold his home, and bought one close to his recently found long lost friend, which is approximately 3 hrs from here and has been living in a hotel since then, and will do so until his retirement.
What do you say?
I tried to keep my not so poker like face without any expression and nodded at him repeatedly. Meanwhile, I'm thinking to myself, this guys poor wife in the nursing home.
He finds a long lost "friend" and ditches his wife.
Ok, I probably shouldn't pass judgement because I really have no clue what the state of his wife is/was when he put her in the nursing home. However, he is moving 3 hours away from where she is in the nursing home to continue his life with another woman.
It's really kind of mind boggling to me.
What would you have said to him?

3 Comments:

At 6:31 AM, Blogger sharon said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:32 AM, Blogger sharon said...

Wow, I'm sure there are nuances to the situation that make it an acceptable solution to him. And perhaps someone that knew him and the whole situation quite well would have complete understanding of his actions. But since he's just a colleague, this sounds like he unloaded way too much on you. TMI!!!

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger anne altman said...

man. what happened to 'til death do youz part crap?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home