Reboot. Recharge.

When all else fails, just shut it down for 5 seconds and turn it back on. Just like new!

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Albanach = Scottish

It's true, the word Albanach means Scottish, in Gaelic.
Tonight's dinner brought to you by the Albanach Whisky Bar and Restaurant - more info here:
GoodPub
The menu was packed with modern takes on traditional Scottish food, like beef stew and dumplings, fish cakes, haggis (yes, haggis), smoked salmon, grilled salmon, you get the idea.
I decided to keep the streak alive, and eat fish again.

For starters, I had one of the specials that they were offering - scottish mussels in a scallion, garilc, cream and wine sauce. The mussels were tiny and sweet and delicious. It was served with 2 big chunks of brown bread that I used to sop up the cream sauce. Couldn't get better at home, that's for sure.

My main meal consited of fish cakes made with smoked haddock and shrimp. They were bound with mashed potatoes and has some scallions in them. They were substantial, but were supposed to have salmon in them, not shrimp, so I was a bit disappointed about that. They still were extremely tastey, smokey from the haddock and firey from a sweet chili sauce that was draped over them. 2 large cakes were served with a small salad and potato chips - really fries.
You know, chips are crisps over here, and fries are chips....

Dessert was a chocolate fudge cake with vanilla ice cream - the cake was ok, but the ice cream was more icey than creamy. That's ok, it didn't stop me from eating it...

One more day of auditing, then we fly to London, Heathrow tomorrow night to stay overnight, as the flight out of London on Sat morning is at 10, and we'd never make the connection if we flew direct from Edinburgh on Sat morning.
I can't wait, really, as I miss being at home very much.

I have decided though, that I really dig Edinburgh, and would like to make a return trip here some day, not on business.
I'll try to post tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At 8:56 PM, Blogger anne altman said...

wonderful restaurant review! you foodie, you!

PS you're coming to our 20th as my date. so get ready. JOSH GET ME AN ICE CREAM!!!

review that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home