Reboot. Recharge.

When all else fails, just shut it down for 5 seconds and turn it back on. Just like new!

Thursday, June 15, 2006

The little things are important

My real job sucks. Having said that, my "fake" job, is great.
My fake job is teaching Spinning. I have been teaching since 1997, teaching from 1 class up to 4 classes a week. Right now, I'm down to teaching just once per week. I would love to teach more often, but there are just not enough hours in the day. I do Spin at home as well, 3 - 4 times per week. I do this at 5 am, because if I don't, then I don't get to do it.
It is so satisfying to teach to my students. Some have been coming to my class since '99 when I started teaching at this particular gym. They have watched me date my husband, get engaged, get married and have 2 kids. They are a dedicated bunch, schlepping out of bed to make the class, which is from 6 am to 7 am.
They are never short on complements and always make me feel like I've given them a good ride. It's funny, on the days where I feel I've taught the worst class, a few students will say, Great class or Great music etc, thus launching the theory that I sucked as a teacher that morning, out into the universe.
Last week I knew I had given a good class as the Front Desk Staff person said to me, What did you do to them??? They are all staggering out of the room!!!
It's good. Gives some meaning to my otherwise meaningless day where work is concerned.

This week's music was complements of my Brother-in-Law:
1) Sunspots - Bob Mould
2) Upside Down - Jack Johnson
3) Let's Play - The Subdudes
4) Where Do they Make Balloons? - They Might Be Giants
5) Friday I'm in Love - The Cure
6) Girl - Beck
7) Big World - moe.
8) Rocket Man - Elton John
9) Yellow - Coldplay
10) Starman - David Bowie
11) Soul Meets Body - Death Cab for Cutie
12) Above the Moon - The Grapes
13) Mr. Spaceman - The Byrds
14) Man on the Moon - REM

Rock on........

3 Comments:

At 11:51 AM, Blogger anne altman said...

your songlists are always awesome, dink.

makes spinning not so gay.

speaking of great songlists, erin is on her way to bonaroo bonarooooooooo! i'll give her waful's # so they can hook up down there

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger March2theSea said...

I love your spin posts and the song list. Great stuff.

I noticed some TMBG as well. I have renewed love for them after the No! and Here Come the ABCs cds..my little ones go bonkers for them.

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger Sharon Shiner said...

yeah March - the TMBG stuff is fun. They really are a talented bunch. Very clever, where lyrics are concerned...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home