Reboot. Recharge.

When all else fails, just shut it down for 5 seconds and turn it back on. Just like new!

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Spin cycle 01/09-10/08

I went for another super instruction type class, and worked every other song up in 2nd position. It was good. The Wed night class rock and rolled. The Thursday morning class did as well, however, there are a couple of students in my Thursday morning class that just don't take instructions.
One student cranks the resistance, no matter what we are doing, and climbs the entire class. She never rides with low -> moderate resistance.
Another student never adds resistance, and so, never really catches the hill.
There are other students that just don't do the "stunts", like accelerating to pick up speed, etc.
It kind of pisses me off.
I mean, I know that Spin is personal, individual and really, the student can personalize the class to make it work for him/her. But in this situation, it is out and out not trying. The students are just not making an effort.
I felt compelled to address this in class this morning - not calling anyone out, but making general statements during the ride about not trying.
I said to the class, It's ok to modify the class, but why not try the different things first, and then if what you are doing doesn't work for you, change it up. I said, if you don't try, then why bother getting up at 5am to come to a 6am class? It's just not worth the effort.
I don't know. I feel like I'm talking to the wall though, as these students didn't change anything when I said it during class.
Too bad for them - no wonder they have looked the same for years....
Here's the playlist. Every other song was up in 2, and so, every other song has a nice bounce to it:

1. You Dropped A Bomb on Me - The Gap Band
2. Lay Down Sally - Eric Clapton
3. Burn Rubber On Me (Why You Wanna Hurt Me) - The Gap Band
4. Back On the Train - Phish
5. Up In Arms - Foo Fighters
6. This Is Us - Mark Knopfler + Emmy Lou Harris
7. Bring Me To Life - Evanescence
8. Ride The River - Eric Clapton and J.J. Cale
9. Party Train - The Gap Band
10. I Would Die 4 U - Prince and the Revolution
11. Church - OutKast
12. Let's Go Crazy - Prince and the Revolution
13. Purple Rain - Prince and the Revolution

I've picked up the Friday morning class, 6:15-7am. This week I am not going to use the playlist, since my legs are shot. But next week, I'll probably use the same music that I use on Wed/Thurs....

1 Comments:

At 12:01 PM, Blogger bbb said...

Hey Girl - I'm back in the states. Hope to get into a class soon. In CA this week so maybe next week?? HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home