Reboot. Recharge.

When all else fails, just shut it down for 5 seconds and turn it back on. Just like new!

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Spin Cycle 01/16-17/08

I got a bit exotic with this playlist, using some Indian electronica, as well as some Duran Duran and Paolo Nutini. I guess you could say it was an international ride. I wanted to stress some hills, as last week, I worked up in 2 quite a bit. The Indian electronica was perfect for climbing, with downbeat grooves and interesting textures and sounds. The Indian music came from a release called Tantra Lounge - Volumes 1 and 2. Good stuff!
It was a solid ride, lots of climbing (my hams are letting me know just how they feel, and unfortunately, I need to suck it up and teach tomorrow morning as well!!!).

Here is the playlist:
1. Dunya - Karuan (from Tantra Lounge, Exotic Indian Electronica)
2. New Shoes - Paolo Nutini
3. Ready to Go - Republica
4. Falling Down - Duran Duran (co-written with none other than JT, Justin Timberlake)
5. Punjab de Rang - Dhol Foundation (Tantra Lounge, Vol 2)
6. Jenny Don't Be Hasty - Paolo Nutini
7. Nite-Runner - Duran Duran
8. Red Desert - James Asher (Tantra Lounge)
9. Drowning Man - Duran Duran
10. Brand New Delhi - The Tao of Groove (Tantra Lounge)
11. Rehab - Amy Winehouse
12. Ordinary World - Duran Duran
13. Vanilka - Transglobal Underground (Tantra Lounge)

If you like downbeat electronica check out the Tantra Lounge releases (2 volumes that I know of)....till next week....

1 Comments:

At 12:29 PM, Blogger March2theSea said...

i hope to start my spin class later this month..can't wait to hear what THEY play..prolly nothing like yours...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home