Reboot. Recharge.

When all else fails, just shut it down for 5 seconds and turn it back on. Just like new!

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Spin Cycle 04/09-11/08

Oh woe is me.
And, I really mean that.
Those who know me understand that an injury to my body, causing any pause in my exercise, would be DETRIMENTAL to my mental health.
Well, I don't know what the "f" I did to my back, but last Sunday, the 6th of April, around mid day, as I sat on the toilet, and then tried to get up again, but couldn't because my lower left back/hip went into spasm, I knew I was screwed.
I had a tedious rest of the day and sleep (read, I got no sleep), and tried to do some yoga on Monday morning to loosen up my back. That was a semi disaster.
I called the doc on Tuesday, and got in to see him on Wednesday. He concluded that there was a nerve coming off my spine, running into the hip area that was "aggravated".
So, I taught my classes last week, off the bike completely. I have never in 12 years of teaching done that before. It actually was pretty interesting and empowering.
Though, I felt a bit compelled to talk the entire time, I felt pretty comfortable with it.
It is killing me though, that I haven't been able to exercise, thus the "detrimental to my mental health" portion of my story.
I am going for some physical therapy on Wednesday. In the mean time, I just am damn uncomfortable.
There is a light at the end of the tunnel - I do feel a bit better, and I now can actually do a standing forward bend, as well as lift my left knee, 2 things I couldn't do at the beginning of last week.
It is my hope on Wednesday, that they tell me I can at least start light exercise, like some modified yoga flow, or even some slow cycling, or else I might just be insane when I post Spin Cycle again.
Since I knew I wouldn't be riding, I didn't want to "waste" a new playlist, so I used an old one. My students felt bad for me and were convinced that I made the class much harder to compensate for the fact that I couldn't ride. Probably, subliminally I did.
Here's the music.....first used in July of last year, in a class that our former nanny, Lynn, (who now sits for us on days that I cook), came to...

1. I don't know the title or the artist!
2. Give it to Me - Timbaland
3. Hips Don't Lie - Shakira
4. What Goes Around Comes Back Around - Justin Timberlake
5. Lets Get it Started - Black Eyed Peas
6. Pon de Replay - Rhiana
7. Life is a Highway - Rascal Flatts
8. God Digger - Kanye West
9. Since U Been Gone - Kelly Clarkson
10. Jump - Madonna
11. Talk - Coldplay
12. Not Coming Down - moe.
13. It's Not Over - Daughtry
14. Say it Right - Nelly Furtado

I'll of course keep you posted on my status. I just might try to ride (gently) tomorrow morning, and do some upper body weights, just so I only partly lose my mind.
I happen to be working on a new playlist, so I hope I get to use it this week.
Over and out.

2 Comments:

At 8:55 AM, Blogger March2theSea said...

Ugggh..hope you get well soon!

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger bbb said...

"DETRIMENTAL to my mental health"
I can relate to that 110% sister.... especially living abroad sorry to hear of your pain. I hope you receover soon. I am sending you much good karma from Morocco. I think of you often. All My Best, b.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home